Friday, 3 November 2017

How and why do you consume news ?

How do I/anyone I know consume news?
I don't know anyone that buys newspapers but I do get newspapers for free from those train station stands for my dad, he's pretty much the only person I know that reads newspaperS.
I usually consume news through TV because my dad mainly watches the news through television, but I don't listen regularly.
I'd say the only way i consume news would be by links on social media apps. The main sites I read are Sky news, The sun and daily mail.
The main sites I (rarely) watch are, Channel 4 news and BBC news.
The only reason as to why i would read the news would be if i see a topic that is interesting.





Pros
Cons
Hire more journalists to cover a bigger range of events.
- Increases the number of news articles
- A wider source of information  
- It would be a waste of money to hire more journalists.
- Use the journalists you already have.  

Put more ‘sponsored content’ online and in your paper.
- You receive money from the advertisements
- People will more likely buy your paper because of the sponsored content.

- Makes the newspaper look unprofessional and cheap 
Sack Journalists.
- Gets rid of the dead weight 
- Saves money 
- Less information 
Make journalists tweet more
- Spreads encrypted messages/tweets that can only be revealed by reading the paper.
- Would make people to read the paper because of the tweet.
- It's cost efficient (free)
- It is not the best platform for people to access their information.
Make journalists write about celebrities more.
- Creates more interesting stories
- A lot of fans will want to read about the celebrity 
- Less important information 
Increase cost of paper
- More money gained 
- Lose customers 
Ask readers to write more stories (for free)
- You get interactive with viewers.

- Less professional articles and sources of information 
Shut down your paper (go online only)
- people would have access your site easily. 
- Save materials e.g. ink, paper, mass production etc. 

- People without access to the internet or knowledged on technology will find it difficult to access.
Decrease price of newspaper (or make it free)
- More people will buy/take the newspaper.

- Less income on each newspaper 
Put up paywall
- Gain money from subscribers 
- May lose customers due to hefty price 



No comments:

Post a Comment